Casa Kimball by Rangr Studio
In the Dominican republic, New York based Rangr Studio designed an amazing luxurious property called Casa Kimball. Enjoy!
Description by Rangr Studio
A New York based client commissioned Rangr Studio to design a Caribbean get-away large enough to accommodate his family and groups of friends, and to function as a luxury rental villa. Located on the rural North coast of the Dominican Republic, the design sought to create a contemporary house within the basic construction means and materials locally available. The structures are reinforced concrete, clad with a local Coral stone. The windows, made by local carpenters with a dense hardwood, pivot on automobile wheel bearings.
The buildings are designed to protect from views of neighboring lots, heightening the experience of the vast horizon beyond. The interior spaces merge with exterior, and allow cooling ocean breezes under shade from the sun, eliminating the need for air conditioning. A 45m long infinity edge pool creates a seamless edge of water in front of the ocean, hiding terraces at cliff edge that allow the experience of the ocean’s roar as waves break on the cliff face below.
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Tyche Apartment by CaSA
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- Paseo de Gràcia Penthouse by CaSA
- Ribbon Chapel by Hiroshi Nakamura & NAP
- Modern Ranch by Poet Interiors
- Wooden Interior by Coblonal Arquitectura