Harborview Hills by Laidlaw Schultz Architects
This amazing Harborview Hills Residence is located in Corona del Mar, United States and was designed by Laidlaw Schultz Architects. Enjoy!
Description by Laidlaw Schultz Architects
With a passion for modern architecture and an international understanding of style, the homeowners approached Laidlow Schultz Architects seeking something unique and suitable for their growing family. The home’s quiet street setting gives no indication of the dynamic coastal views accessible from inside, and this feeling of revelation became the starting point for the design. A simple line separating public from private, the first move about which the house begins starts the dialogue. This wall is punctuated with a sliding panel and is then drawn up to reveal the striated walnut garage door that continues the plain. The woven-steel panel is the gateway to the interior courtyard and private dominion. As seen from inside the courtyard, the enceinte transforms into an exterior fireplace and backdrop for the glass-like pool. A wall of foliage on one end provides a panel of green to complement the shimmering blue water; on the other end, a continuous fountain creates a soothing soundtrack.
The house itself takes advantage of these two exterior spaces, interior courtyard and exterior view, with a wrapper of sliding doors that, when open, turn the house into an outdoor pavilion. A juxtaposition of lacquered cabinetry set agains painted brick walls, and aged wood floors against white walls further emphasize the balance of sophistication and style that make up this home.
- Apartment in Hsinchu by HOZO Interior Design
- Loft in Russia by Andrei Popov
- Apartment in Rome by Brain Factory
- High-tech Apartment in St. Petersburg by AlexLoft
- Hudson River Park by StudioLAB
- Grotta Azzurra by Shiang Chi Interior Design
- Apartment SBL by Brengues Le Pavec
- Home in Barcelona by SSCV Arquitectos
- Apartment 501-A by Belotto Scopel Tanaka Arquitetura
- Chabrol Apartment by Atelier Barda