Payne House by Paul Archer Design
Paul Archer Design transformed this Victorian family home for a client who wanted to translate the spirit of loft-style living into a traditional terraced house.
Description by Paul Archer Design
Paul Archer Design has transformed this Victorian family home for a client who wanted to translate the spirit of loft-style living into a traditional terraced house. Inserting a new glazed dining room at the back of the property between the two lower levels of the house and excavating the garden to the same level allows for the enjoyment of outdoor views while eating or entertaining. The kitchen is situated in its original position on the street-side of the basement, where the large sash window provides natural light, and makes clever use of the old coalbunker, which now provides a useful storage area.
Upstairs, the entire first floor has been converted into the master suite, with a walk-in wardrobe and bathroom complete with freestanding wooden bath. The second floor includes the children’s bedrooms and a family bathroom, and the top level of the house has been refurbished into a cinema room, which will provide a useful second living area when the kids grow older. From this space a new rear dormer with folding-sliding doors leads onto a new external terrace offering views of Hampstead Heath.
Products You May Like
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- Sala Ayutthaya Hotel by Onion
- Ribbon Chapel by Hiroshi Nakamura & NAP
- Modern Ranch by Poet Interiors
- Wooden Interior by Coblonal Arquitectura
- Chevy Chase Home by Meditch Murphey Architects