La Muna by Oppenheim Architecture + Design
Oppenheim Architecture + Design completely renovated one of the first homes built in the ultraexclusive enclave of Red Mountain in Aspen Colorado.
Description by Oppenheim Architecture + Design
A complete renovation and minor addition of one of the first homes built in the ultraexclusive enclave of Red Mountain in Aspen Colorado. 30 years of haphazard of this rustic ski chalet with all its imperfections – an homage to the Japanese sensibility of wabi sabi.
Clad in reclaimed regional wood, stone and steel the home is intended to make a minimal impact on the natural resources and merge effortlessly with its idyllic surroundings of forest, stream and mountain. Solar collectors provide needed energy for power and hot water, while extremely large operable panels of insulated glass blur the boundaries between inside and out– further enforcing a connection and deep respect of place.
Products You May Like
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- White House by In2
- Whiteboards Reinvented
- Hi-Rise Condo by Ted Maines Interiors
- Apartment in Kiev by DervishGroup
- Kettukallio Cabin by Playa Architects
- Brick House by Clare Cousins Architects
- Casa LA by Elías Rizo Arquitectos