The Offset House by Ja Architecture Studio
This minimalistic Offset house designed by Ja Architecture Studio is located in Toronto, Canada. It was completed this year (2012). Enjoy the gallery!
Description by Ja Architecture Studio
The idea of the project is to capture south light on an east‐west lot by splitting and offsetting the second floor of a narrow and deep infill house. The offset between the two levels in section becomes an opening that allows the south light into the main floor and in plan it becomes a void that allows a straight cascading stair to pass through.
In the elevation the offset of two one and half storey volumes on one hand defines the entry and on the other creates distance between the south face of the top volume and the neighbor. Two cozy outdoor spaces are created for the lower second floor as the result of this volumetric shift. At the end the project tries to use a geometric shift to create a house that constantly changes mood and character by the changing qualities of light during the day.
Products You May Like
- Modern Urban Home by Y Designs
- JI-House by Craft
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- Ribbon Chapel by Hiroshi Nakamura & NAP
- Modern Ranch by Poet Interiors
- Wooden Interior by Coblonal Arquitectura
- Casa V. by DOSIS