Seattle Residence by Lawrence Architecture
This interesting contemporary residence located in Seattle, WA, US, was designed by Lawrence Architecture back in 2009.
Description by Lawrence Architecture
A modern house on view property with 3,800 SF of living space and a 925 SF detached garage. Primary materials include concrete, steel, and glass.
A concrete wall up to twenty-four feet high organizes the site and the house: the garage, entry and service spaces are on the street side of the wall, while providing privacy for the main living space which is a curtain wall-enclosed pavilion.
The wall is also the organizing element for the circulation including the stairs with cantilevered steel treads. Supported on steel frames and triangular steel trusses, the roof swoops over the concrete wall capping the pavilion.
Eight by sixteen foot sections of the curtain wall pivot for ventilation. The stair has demountable guardrails which are normally in place but were removed for the photographs.
The master bedroom is in a loft space above the kitchen, while a family room, media room, children’s bedrooms and bathrooms occupy the daylight basement level. There is additional living space above the garage accessible via stair or future elevator.
Products You May Like
- Modern Urban Home by Y Designs
- Boston Terrace by Hoedemaker Pfeiffer
- JI-House by Craft
- Laurelhurst Midcentury by MW|Works
- Union Bay Residence by NB Design Group
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Home in Mutiny Bay by Hoedemaker Pfeiffer
- Grand Avenue Home by Matthew Coates