Newbattle Gardens by Craig Amy
House extension design by Craig Amy featuring new garden room facing onto and connecting the main kitchen / family room to the garden.
Description by Craig Amy
The clients’ brief was to design an extension with a new garden room that faces onto and connects the main kitchen / family room to the garden. In addition, the design also includes a guest bedroom with en-suite, a study looking onto the garden and a new bay window seating area for the existing family room. The 3 distinct uses of the extension means that the design needed to integrate all three into a cohesive whole and create an extension that suited the client’s desires, needs and the site. The single storey extension is clad in FSC certified western red cedar with the doors and windows finished in meranti.. Internally, the interconnecting shapes are further expressed by angles in the hearth, shelves and ceiling, which all adds to the drama of the split volume spaces. Completed in October 2010 with Inscape Joinery as the main contractor.
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- White House by In2
- Whiteboards Reinvented
- Hi-Rise Condo by Ted Maines Interiors
- Santa Fe Chic by Samuel Design Group
- Apartment in Kiev by DervishGroup
- Kettukallio Cabin by Playa Architects
- Brick House by Clare Cousins Architects