Bucktown Three House by Studio Dwell Architects
This spacious single family property featuring white brick exterior was designed by Studio Dwell Architects back in 2010. It’s located in Chicago, US.
Description by Studio Dwell Architects
For this residence, light, transparency and continued spacial flow was vital. Privacy was also a concern since the residence is located in a tight urban location.
The solution was to create open, fluid interior spaces, both horizontally and vertically and then to wrap it all in white masonry. This white veil is scored with window bands that allow abundant natural light, yet because of strategic locating, provide privacy and eliminate the need for window treatments.
The light filled white interior is strengthened by the use of reflective white surfaces and the use of glass railings. The main central stairs is clad in glass, both clear and opaque to again maintain privacy but allow natural light.
The flowing and light filled interiors are carried to the two surrounding exterior landscapes, blurring the boundaries creating an urban retreat.
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects
- Cabin Norderhov by Atelier Oslo
- House Hohlen by Jochen Specht