Seaview House by Parsonson Architects
Contemporary three-storey property designed by Parsonson Architects located in New Zealand’s capital, Wellington. The new house accommodates a large family of different age groups.
Description by Parsonson Architects
The site sits just below the road facing east, looking across the botanical gardens out to Wellington Harbour.
The new house accommodates a large family of different age groups over 3 levels, with parents and younger children’s bedroom upstairs, older children’s bedrooms and a swimming pool on the bottom level and a variety of living spaces in between on the middle level, laid out to capture views and all day sun.
Two main gestures set up the structure of the house; outer sections of pitched corrugated iron roofs wrap and frame the house, these fit within the building envelope and create a relationship with the existing houses of the area, while a flat roofed lightly shaped wooden clad element running between the pitched roofs houses the garage, bedrooms and pool. The relationship between these two gestures creates varying geometries and spaces with differing characters, materials and levels of light.
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- White House by In2
- Whiteboards Reinvented
- Hi-Rise Condo by Ted Maines Interiors
- Santa Fe Chic by Samuel Design Group
- Kettukallio Cabin by Playa Architects
- Brick House by Clare Cousins Architects
- Loft in Lyon by Damien Carreres