Chalet Gstaad by Amaldi Neder Architectes
A private holiday chalet in the Swiss Alps, designed by Laurence Rouveure of Ardesia Design in collaboration with Amaldi Neder Architects.
Description by Amaldi Neder Architectes
The objective of this weekend hideaway was to create a warm, cosy atmosphere using a natural palette of neutral colours and soft textures such as linen and wool. The designers and architects focused on creating pure and clean lines and a sense of unity to the whole of the 380 square metres of this beautiful lodge.
The walls of this chalet are covered in Australian rough-sawn timber and the floor is made of Danish fir planks of up to 15m long. In the bedrooms, wool and cashmere fabric have been mounted instead of a headboard to break up the all-wood appearance. The bathrooms are plastered in marmorino (or tadelakt) to create contrast to the wood while keeping to the natural theme. The furniture is a mix of new, contemporary, furniture, traditional pieces and eclectic finds sourced from all over Europe.
- Foxtail House by Pearson Design Group
- Chalet in Val d'Isere by Custom
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- Luxor by Refuge - Architecture D'intérieur
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Cozy Chalet in Italy
- Retreat in Sweden by Bjurfors Home
- Praz-de-fort by Savioz Fabrizzi Architecte
- Summer House by Anttinen Oiva Architects
- Chalet in St. Moritz by Matteo Ceron