Kre House by No. 555 Architectural Design Office
Located in Tokyo, Japan, this contemporary minimalistic residence was designed by No. 555 Architectural Design Office for a sport car enthousiast.
Description by No. 555 Architectural Design Office
The house is located in the high-end residential area.
The most remarkable requests in the various clients’ demands are “garage space for nine cars”, “the most favorite car in the living room” and “high tree in the living room”. Since all the request are not able to be accommodated on the project site, the building itself was designed as a big “Living Room”.
Utilizing the entire basement, nine cars are able to be parked. Lamborghini is my favorite, by a custom-made lift is a lift to the living room floor. When the lift is lowered, making the system closed other movable floor.
Various height and size rooms are floated randomly in the big living space. Structurally, light steel structure boxes are hanged from or attached to the reinforced concrete box. These randomly floating boxes keep adequate distance and height with the car and the high tree and create attractive open space. Spaces under the boxes have invisible borderline and each space has the different functions according to the height.
Though there are numbers of large scale items in this house, instead of setting the usual layer of floors, random floating boxes make the spacious living area possible.
- House of Representation by Kouichi Kimura Architects
- Complex by FORM / Kouichi Kimura Architects
- House in Tsudanuma by Fuse-Atelier
- House in Yatsugatake by Kidosaki Architects Studio
- N8-house by Architect Show
- Framing House by Form / Kouichi Kimura Architects
- U3-house by Architect Show
- D-house by Architect Show
- Cozy House by FORM / Kouichi Kimura Architects
- Fujigaoka M by Sinato Architects