Miwa Residence by Phil Kean Designs
Contemporary two-storey single family residence designed by Phil Kean Designs located in Florida, US.
Description by Phil Kean Designs
This contemporary home features clean lines and extensive details, a unique entrance of floating steps over moving water, attractive focal points, great flows of volumes and spaces, and incorporates large areas of indoor/outdoor living on both levels.
Taking aging in place into consideration, there are master suites on both levels, elevator, and garage entrance. The home’s great room and kitchen open to the lanai, summer kitchen, and garden via folding and pocketing glass doors and uses a retractable screen concealed in the lanai. When the screen is lowered, it holds up to 90% of the home’s conditioned air and keeps out insects. The 2nd floor master and exercise rooms open to balconies.
The challenge was to connect the main home to the existing guest house which was accomplished with a center garden and floating step walkway which mimics the main home’s entrance. The garden features a fountain, fire pit, pool, outdoor arbor dining area, and LED lighting under the floating steps.
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects
- Cabin Norderhov by Atelier Oslo