New Forest Retreat by PAD Studio
Designed by PAD Studio, this modern wooden retreat is situated within the New Forest National Park in United Kingdom.
Description by PAD Studio
The replacement dwelling is set within an 18.5 acre plot, located adjacent to ancient woodland and heath, within the New Forest National Park. The massing, form and orientation of the new building has been carefully conceived in order that the proposals minimise the impact on the site and its surroundings. The main dwelling and annexe building both have low rise green roofs.
The buildings are orientated to maximise solar gain and utilise ground source heat pump technology and a log boiler for heating and hot water requirements. Excavated material from the new basement and pool area has been re-used in the earth berming to provide a visual screen to the north and help to reduce the sound impact of the nearby dual carriageway.
The proposals also incorporate rain water harvesting, grey water recycling and a natural swimming pond to further increase biodiversity within the site. The materials used throughout are sustainable, durable and in harmony with the site and its surroundings.
- Retreat in Hälleviksstrand by Decorate
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Retreat in Sweden by Bjurfors Home
- Summer House by Anttinen Oiva Architects
- Summer Retreat by Mindful Designs
- Retreat in Paluzza by Ceschia & Mentil
- Lundnäs House by Delin Arkitektkontor
- Lone Madrone Retreat by Heliotrope Architects