One Wybelenna by Shaun Lockyer Architects
Located in Brisbane, Australia, Shaun Lockyer Architects recently designed this modern single family residence.
Description by Shaun Lockyer Architects
One Wybelenna was a house born out of a remnant of a Robin Gibson cottage that existed on the site and was a bit of a landmark in the area. The design, inspired by the work of both Gibson (and Neutra in turn) is a contemporary re-interpretation of the modernist language and remains a narrative throughout the design down to the “corb” fireplace. The house enjoys a long, linear plan with all rooms designed to soak up winter sun and give direct pool and garden access for the long summers. The house, despite its size, has a strong sustainability agenda and includes turf roofs, 140,000L of water, 15KW of solar power, recycled materials (stone and timber) along with all the first principal design ideas that one would expect. A natural palette of zinc, tallowwood, slate and travertine create a robust aesthetic that aims toward a timeless architecture.
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects