Chou Residence by PMK+designers
Warm urban apartment designed by PMK+designers situated in Kaohsiung City, Taiwan.
Description by PMK+designers
With a balcony nearly as big as the interior space this urban apartment home emphasizes on its natural context, making nature its focus. The courtyard landscape setting is visually invited into the space through large windows and sliding doors, dissolving inside/outside boundaries, making the inside becoming an extension of the outside and vice-versa.
The interiors were intended to be simple and strong, mimicking the pattern of the inspired landscape and buildings surroundings. Simply designed comfortable furnishings allow the owners to sit and read, enjoy the sun when look out over the large balcony and trees tops.
This residence’s center piece is a one piece 640cm (21ft) long x 110cm (3.6ft) wide hardwood kitchen island / dining table, which makes up the common area which supports a wide range of activities, from cooking and dining, reading, music and TV watching. At the same time, the house has an open plan that makes a visually seamless connection to the outdoor garden area, and with few interior rooms helping to reinforce gathering possibilities and guest entertainments.
The integrity of the home’s materials was also an important factor in the design—solid woods, concrete, and raw metal were selected because they look even better with age and will easily blend to the exterior landscapes.
- Apartment in Hsinchu by HOZO Interior Design
- Loft in Russia by Andrei Popov
- Apartment in Rome by Brain Factory
- High-tech Apartment in St. Petersburg by AlexLoft
- Hudson River Park by StudioLAB
- Grotta Azzurra by Shiang Chi Interior Design
- Apartment SBL by Brengues Le Pavec
- Home in Barcelona by SSCV Arquitectos
- Apartment 501-A by Belotto Scopel Tanaka Arquitetura
- Chabrol Apartment by Atelier Barda