Wood House by Schlyter / Gezelius Arkitektkontor
Modern sustainable residence designed in 2010 by Schlyter / Gezelius Arkitektkontor AB located in Stockholm, Sweden.
Description by Schlyter / Gezelius Arkitektkontor
Background, low impact no waste: During the last 25 years I have worked with and studied how the use of computers and software have affected architecture and the physical landscape.
First I was in raptures about the possibilities. Though this is still true there are other implications that are all the more worrying. The waste of space in today´s interiors and exteriors, the lack of respect for the natural landscape, the global use of non-renewable materials, and how all of this in various ways is linked to our digital tools.
In “low impact no waste” I have tried to address this. The house is built by a local contractor and a local carpentry shop has milled all the building parts. Every part of the building was designed specifically for this project to awoid waste material. I have used different kinds of wood from sustainably forested woodland.
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- Wooden Cottage by Elena Sherbakova
- SilverWoodHouse by 3r Ernesto Pereira
- Hause for Julia and Björn by Architekten Innauer Matt
- Villa G by Audrius Ambrasas Architects
- Wooden Interior by Coblonal Arquitectura
- 14 Facades' House by M Architecture