Bondi House by Fearns Studio
Designed by Fearns Studio, this modern two-storey single family residence is situated in Bondi, Sydney, Australia.
Description by Fearns Studio
An inner city heritage terrace alteration, the Bondi house was conceived as a first floor timber tube above a ground level brick box behind the retained portion of the house.
Skylight penetrations bring light into the centre of the plan, help define spaces within it and protect the privacy of neighbouring dwellings from upper level rooms while large glazed doors open new ground level interiors to unobtrusive garden courtyards.
Deep door reveals in the kitchen and living areas frame smaller spaces within the open plan with light and rhythm. The doors themselves emphasise this further by sliding completely clear of their openings.
Warmth is given to the white plaster walls and ceilings and to concrete flooring with oak cabinetry, windows, doors, and with blackbutt flooring through the remainder of the house.
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects