Sun Residence by Curated
Recently designed by Curated, this awesome eclectic loft is situated at the 1866 American Express Horse Stables building in New York City.
Description by Curated
We created our version of the classic “bachelor pad” in this loft conversion at the 1866 American Express Horse Stables building. Conducive to cocktails and entertaining, the unique voice of each space resonates with a liveliness inspired by our client. We lined the 70-foot gallery with a blue-tinted mirror and neon installation which sings at night. The progression of intense color culminates with a contrast of old and new with textured brick and antique mirror. Classic and sculptural 1960s and 70s light fixtures shape the envelope while pattern and texture provide the flavors. Boldly-striped draperies suspend from looped ropes and vintage furniture is upholstered in menswear-inspired textiles. The abstract nature photograph adds perspective to a windowless wall and layered rugs frame seating arrangements. We composed a gradation of greens in a bedroom with 1940s mint Art Deco lamps and Farrow & Ball’s intense “Calke Green.” Our client’s enthusiasm enabled us to push beyond conventional interior design tropes and achieve a strong personalized point of view.
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects