Writing Studio by Andrew Berman Architect
Situated in Bellport, New York, this modern addition to a private home was designed in 2008 by Andrew Berman Architect.
Description by Andrew Berman Architect
This building was commissioned as a library and writing studio for a historian. The site is approached on foot through a stand of trees. There is no drive. The library sits at the threshold of an open field and a wood. A tidal stream is visible through the woods, at the rear of the site.
The building was conceived as a simple structure with a mutable presence in the landscape. It maps a path from the open field, through a doorway at the edge of the woods, to a light filled space set in the tree canopy.
The interior is defined by Douglas fir cabinetry, books, and light. The exterior, clad completely in copper, shifts in apparent form and color depending on the light of the day, the viewing angle, and the seasons. The copper can appear reflective and bright, as well as matte and dark. The velvety browns and violets will slowly give way to green.
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Sophia Apartment by Blackhaus
- Mugu House by Malka Architecture
- East Village Studio by JPDA
- Studio by Manolo Yllera
- Studio by Transition Interior Design
- Studio in Taipei by AworkDesign.Studio
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- D-Espacio Studio by Belén López