Moose Road Residence by Mork Ulnes Architects
Modern minimalist retreat designed in 2013 by Mork Ulnes Architects situated in Ukiah, California.
Description by Mork Ulnes Architects
Three locally known land formations can be seen from the site of this project: Eagle Rock, a mountain ridge, and the valley of vineyards below. The main challenge was to frame these three separate views while at the same time, preserving each existing oak tree on site. The three fingers extend precisely in between the existing trees, each oriented toward a land formation.
The house was constructed on steel stilts to avoid severing tree roots. To cut cost as well as meet sustainability goals of the clients, the building was designed using standard sized, off the shelf sheet-goods (unfinished plywood and OSB) to minimize waste. The building was accomplished with a tiny budget (under $190 per square foot).
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Retreat in Sweden by Bjurfors Home
- Summer House by Anttinen Oiva Architects
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Summer Retreat by Mindful Designs
- Retreat in Paluzza by Ceschia & Mentil
- Lundnäs House by Delin Arkitektkontor
- Lone Madrone Retreat by Heliotrope Architects
- Firefly by Unique Home Stays