Cat Hill Barn by Snook Architects
Situated in the hills of Yorkshire, United Kingdom, this late 16th century barn was completely redesigned by Snook Architects.
Description by Snook Architects
Cat Hill Barn is a beautiful grade II listed barn built in the late 16th century, sitting in the rolling hills of Yorkshire. Despite a difficult process with the local planning officer Snook won planning permission on appeal. Key in winning the support of the appeal officer was the restrained aesthetic of the scheme which deliberately avoided being too domestic in appearance.
It delivered a flowing open plan internal space that avoided compartmentalisation and opened up to reveal the splendour and scale of the original barn and its trusses. Snook completed the scheme in 2012 and subsequently received two nominations in the 2013 RIBA awards in the regional category and small projects. Snook won in both categories.
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Retreat in Sweden by Bjurfors Home
- Summer House by Anttinen Oiva Architects
- Contemporary Chalet by Rudolf Perathoner Architect
- Summer Retreat by Mindful Designs
- Retreat in Paluzza by Ceschia & Mentil
- Lundnäs House by Delin Arkitektkontor
- Lone Madrone Retreat by Heliotrope Architects
- Firefly by Unique Home Stays