Penthouse in Madrid by Ábaton
Full renovation of a typical old house by Ábaton situated in the heart of Madrid overlooking a magnificent park.
Description by Ábaton
The main objective was to rearrange the space in order to improve the importance of the common areas linking them to the existing terrace. The original distribution was reversed, temporarily canceling the service entrance and positioning the guest area -bedroom and bathroom- there. Spaces such as the kitchen and the living room revolve around the terrace.
The façade was insulated with rock wool and the best orientation was sought in terms of energy saving and thermal comfort during the winter months. For the flooring –bathrooms included- natural wood with a special treatment was used causing a widened and unified space. The architecture in the master bedroom was thought in order to be part of the decoration: The iron sheet embedded in the walls is used to connect the space with the bathroom.
In order to enjoy the outdoors for long periods and reduce the noise of the city, a fountain was built on the terrace which was also prepared for outdoor cultivation.
Materials: Natural wood floors laid over an under floor heating system. Plastered walls finished in matt white paint. Facades clad with coloured mortar render. Interior woodwork and doors made from white-lacquered MDF. Exterior joinery made from lacquered aluminium.
- Apartment in Curitiba by Belotto Scopel Tanaka Arquitetura
- 505 2nd Street Apartment by Ash NYC
- Apartment in Gothenburg by Bjurfors Göteborg
- Home in Valladolid by Estudio Lätt
- Loft in London by David Phillips
- Jaglana Apartment by Raca Architekci
- Apartment in Stockholm by Stylingbolaget
- Apartment Portugal by GDL Arquitetura
- Apartment in Barcelona by Egue y Seta
- Duplex Tibbaut by Raúl Sánchez Architects