Penthouse in Madrid by Ábaton
Full renovation of a typical old house by Ábaton situated in the heart of Madrid overlooking a magnificent park.
Description by Ábaton
The main objective was to rearrange the space in order to improve the importance of the common areas linking them to the existing terrace. The original distribution was reversed, temporarily canceling the service entrance and positioning the guest area -bedroom and bathroom- there. Spaces such as the kitchen and the living room revolve around the terrace.
The façade was insulated with rock wool and the best orientation was sought in terms of energy saving and thermal comfort during the winter months. For the flooring –bathrooms included- natural wood with a special treatment was used causing a widened and unified space. The architecture in the master bedroom was thought in order to be part of the decoration: The iron sheet embedded in the walls is used to connect the space with the bathroom.
In order to enjoy the outdoors for long periods and reduce the noise of the city, a fountain was built on the terrace which was also prepared for outdoor cultivation.
Materials: Natural wood floors laid over an under floor heating system. Plastered walls finished in matt white paint. Facades clad with coloured mortar render. Interior woodwork and doors made from white-lacquered MDF. Exterior joinery made from lacquered aluminium.
Products You May Like
- Living Mansarda by BFA - Barbara Fassoni Architects
- Apartment in Poznan by MO Architekci
- Suchita's House by Fadd Studio
- Apartment in Moscow by FonBureau
- Lazadenas Apartment by Molins Design
- Cabbagetown Coach House by Core Architects
- Casa PP by Sarah Pidatella
- Familny Apartment by Za-Za Interior Design
- Muzha Micro Flat by Phoebesayswow Architects
- Apartment in Barcelona by Egue Y Seta