Longhouses by Format Elf Architekten
Modern minimalist cottages designed in 2013 by Format Elf Architekten situated in Bad Birnbach, Germany.
Description by Format Elf Architekten
Nestled among the Lower Bavarian landscape is to be found an estate of theme houses, clearly linked by a common architectural language, yet differentiated by their distinguished, theme-specific finishing. The beginning marked the “elementary cottage,” evolving from a plenitude of derivations of the saddle roof on a search for pure proportions and a pictorial exaggeration of its basic theme.
The “longhouses” appear distinct, reduced, expressive. The elegant black, weather-beaten old barn, merging with its surroundings, is camouflaged by its dark shell against the dark outskirts of the forest. The façades, covered in black timber clads, appear to be in constant change, altering with the wind, revealing their eventful lives just like decayed facades of ancient commercial buildings.
The three newly developed houses sit on a gentle hillside, radial fanned and linked with runways, overlooking the vegetal carpet from their landing stages. Evolving from the façades, precisely shaped cubes resume the respective theme of the houses and enable living with and within the landscape. Mirrored glasses interweave the houses with their surroundings, their façades decorated with images of the rural landscape.
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Retreat in Sweden by Bjurfors Home
- Summer House by Anttinen Oiva Architects
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Summer Retreat by Mindful Designs
- Retreat in Paluzza by Ceschia & Mentil
- Lundnäs House by Delin Arkitektkontor
- Lone Madrone Retreat by Heliotrope Architects
- Firefly by Unique Home Stays