Longhouses by Format Elf Architekten
Modern minimalist cottages designed in 2013 by Format Elf Architekten situated in Bad Birnbach, Germany.
Description by Format Elf Architekten
Nestled among the Lower Bavarian landscape is to be found an estate of theme houses, clearly linked by a common architectural language, yet differentiated by their distinguished, theme-specific finishing. The beginning marked the “elementary cottage,” evolving from a plenitude of derivations of the saddle roof on a search for pure proportions and a pictorial exaggeration of its basic theme.
The “longhouses” appear distinct, reduced, expressive. The elegant black, weather-beaten old barn, merging with its surroundings, is camouflaged by its dark shell against the dark outskirts of the forest. The façades, covered in black timber clads, appear to be in constant change, altering with the wind, revealing their eventful lives just like decayed facades of ancient commercial buildings.
The three newly developed houses sit on a gentle hillside, radial fanned and linked with runways, overlooking the vegetal carpet from their landing stages. Evolving from the façades, precisely shaped cubes resume the respective theme of the houses and enable living with and within the landscape. Mirrored glasses interweave the houses with their surroundings, their façades decorated with images of the rural landscape.
Products You May Like
- Retreat in the Sahyadris by Khosla Associates
- Coastal Pavilions by Liminal Studio
- The Bunker by Miller-Roodell Architects
- Vivienda Tres Torres by Pablo Peyra
- River Ranch by Michael Hsu Office of Architecture
- L House by Dellekamp Arquitectos
- Empty Nest by Carnemark Design + Build
- Retreat in Oisterwijk by Ina Matt
- Modern Urban Home by Y Designs
- Efjord Retreat by Stinessen Arkitektur