Casa JLM by Enrique Cabrera Arquitecto
Contemporary beachfront residence designed in 2013 by Enrique Cabrera Arquitecto situated in Chicxulub, Mexico.
Description by Enrique Cabrera Arquitecto
This project is located on one of Chicxulub Puerto’s most traditional summer beaches of the Yucatan coast, 40 minutes north of the city of Merida, on a plot of 4,300 square feet with a frontage of 3 feet and 130 feet deep, and a clear view to the beach.
Three levels were constructed with a full mastery of the environment and surrounding buildings. The owners commissioned a home with a conventional program on two floors which gives priority to family life. A double height was integrated, creating a mezzanine above the kitchen with views of the terrace and the beach and free of structural elements, making it a unique place where you can participate in all social activities.
The private areas on the third level reach above the other existing houses, with a range that allows for views of the coast from the bedrooms while also maintaining privacy.
The concrete texture symbolizes the strength and robustness that protects the house and is contrasted by the use of glass with its transparent and fragile qualities.
A home where a variety of indoor and outdoor spaces are linked is generated by the beauty of the Yucatan coast.
Products You May Like
- HNN House by Hernandez Silva Architects
- Casa Ambar by Centerbrook Architects & Planners
- Vivienda Tres Torres by Pablo Peyra
- L House by Dellekamp Arquitectos
- Casa Lago by Farq Arquitectos
- Casa Vista al Lago by Grupo Arquitectura
- DC 722 Apartment by Almazan y Arquitectos Asociados
- Altaire 1 Apartment by Kababie Arquitectos
- Solare San Ángel Apartment
- Wide House by Augusto Quijano Arquitectos