j2 by Assemblage Studio
Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, this spacious single family residence was designed by Assemblage Studio.
Description by Assemblage Studio
The project is located in the master planned development of Summerlin, along the western edge of Las Vegas at the base of Red Rock. The community’s design requirements call for “design individuality, horizontally and sensitivity to the desert hillside environment.” J2 recognizes the owners and developers combined appreciation of the desert environment through our choice of materials, environmental orientations, daylighting, landscaping and use of renewable energy sources.
Our client desired a home that engaged the outdoors within their living spaces. Expanded views into the adjacent golf course and foothills provide a connection between indoors and out. Each public space; great room, dining room, library, and casita is provided a view into the distant landscape as well as intimacy with the courtyard and pool. The basement bar and game room area connects to the outside through a courtyard which admits daylight into the space.
The home provides a large percent of its own power consumption through Kyocera Multicrystal Photovoltaic Modules placed on the wing canopy. The canopy has been designed to eliminate direct sunlight from entering into the residence during the hottest seasons while allowing maximum visibility to the south. Rammed earth construction creates a thermal mass to mitigate the extreme fluctuations in day and nighttime temperatures.
Products You May Like
- Prairie Avenue Residence by Choeff Levy Fischman
- 5th Street Residence by Electric Bowery
- Blue Coat Lane Home by Vita Design Group
- Treetops House by Specht Architects
- House in Naples by The Decorators Unlimited
- Bathroom Faucets You'll Love
- Contemporary Beach House by Beacon Construction Group
- Genesee Mountain House by Ashleigh Weatherill Interior Design
- Meadow Drive Home by Pierce Architects
- CCR1 Residence by Wernerfield