Blair Road Residence by ONG&ONG
Beautiful single family residence designed in 2009 by ONG&ONG located on the 31 Blair Road in Singapore.
Description by ONG&ONG
Many historic elements were left untouched in the 306 m² space, retaining the site’s historical essence and providing a quaint contrast to the unit’s modern interior.What distinguishes this conservation house from most others is the unorthodox first floor layout which places the kitchen and dining space right at the entrance. This was done in light of the fact that most parties centre around the food, and this arrangement allows guests to casually mingle with their hosts as they cook.Since the house was meant for rental, a neutral colour palette was used to suit changing tastes between individual tenants. Bamboo is a recurrent theme throughout the house, from the forecourt garden to the sand-blasted motifs within.31 Blair Road is an innovative response to the constraints of conservation building, successfully marrying the old with the new to create a charming living space.
Products You May Like
- Apartment in Singapore by akiHAUS Design Studio
- Anguilla Park Home by Savina Nicolini
- JI-House by Craft
- Chameleon Residence in Singapore
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Apartment in Singapore by Free Space Intent
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- House in Singapore by JOW Architects
- Through House by Materium
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs