Blair Road Residence by ONG&ONG
Beautiful single family residence designed in 2009 by ONG&ONG located on the 31 Blair Road in Singapore.
Description by ONG&ONG
Many historic elements were left untouched in the 306 m² space, retaining the site’s historical essence and providing a quaint contrast to the unit’s modern interior.What distinguishes this conservation house from most others is the unorthodox first floor layout which places the kitchen and dining space right at the entrance. This was done in light of the fact that most parties centre around the food, and this arrangement allows guests to casually mingle with their hosts as they cook.Since the house was meant for rental, a neutral colour palette was used to suit changing tastes between individual tenants. Bamboo is a recurrent theme throughout the house, from the forecourt garden to the sand-blasted motifs within.31 Blair Road is an innovative response to the constraints of conservation building, successfully marrying the old with the new to create a charming living space.
- Cornwall Gardens by Chang Architects
- Garden House by Wallflower Architecture + Design
- Toh Yi House by Ming Architects
- KAP-House by ONG&ONG
- Studio Apartment by Vievva Designers
- Beach House Apartment by Vievva Designers
- Screen House by Materium
- Apartment in Singapore by KNQ Associates
- Clean classics in Singapore by Home Philosophy
- Apartment in Singapore by Obllique