Bungalow Update by McElroy Architecture
Three-storey shingle residence designed by McElroy Architecture located in San Francisco, California, United States.
Description by McElroy Architecture
This shingle house sits high on one of San Francisco’s hills with panoramic views. It had been loved for 100 years but was in need of serious upgrades from foundation to roof. We opened up the floor plan, extended the top floor to create a larger master suite, and cantilevered a deck off the living area. The vaulted ceilings and expansive sliding doors at each level create a bright, lofty experience. Composed of a simple palette of woods, slate and glass, the remodeled house feels modern yet retains the warmth and scale of its hilltop bungalow origin. Radiant heat, recycled and natural finish materials are some of the project’s sustainable features.
Photography by Paul Dyer
- Home in Preston Hollow by Linda Fritschy Interior Design
- North Hyde Park Residence by Clark Richardson Architects
- North Haven Residence by Timothy Godbold
- Eagle Hill Residence by ODS Architecture
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- New York Showroom by Carl Hansen & Søn
- Beverly Hills Bachelor Pad by HSH Interiors
- Lakefront Mid-Century Modern by Van Parys Architecture + Design
- Capistrano Beach House by Brandon Architects
- Harmonious Hamptons Style by Mr Home Staging & Design