Bungalow Update by McElroy Architecture
Three-storey shingle residence designed by McElroy Architecture located in San Francisco, California, United States.
Description by McElroy Architecture
This shingle house sits high on one of San Francisco’s hills with panoramic views. It had been loved for 100 years but was in need of serious upgrades from foundation to roof. We opened up the floor plan, extended the top floor to create a larger master suite, and cantilevered a deck off the living area. The vaulted ceilings and expansive sliding doors at each level create a bright, lofty experience. Composed of a simple palette of woods, slate and glass, the remodeled house feels modern yet retains the warmth and scale of its hilltop bungalow origin. Radiant heat, recycled and natural finish materials are some of the project’s sustainable features.
Photography by Paul Dyer
Products You May Like
- Upper East Side Residence by Pepe Calderin Design
- La Quinta Residence by Marmol Radziner
- House in Malibu by Hillstar Construction Services
- South Harbor by Blaze Makoid Architecture
- Boston Waterfront Condo by FBN Construction
- Open House by Eric Cobb
- Flatiron Private Residence by Oda New York
- 10 Hubert St by Oda New York
- 61st Street Townhouse by TRA Studio
- Loft in New York by Oda New York