Cove House by Furman + Keil Architects
Located on a narrow peninsula in Lake Austin, Texas, this 1980s house has been completely redesigned by Furman + Keil Architects.
Description by Furman + Keil Architects
This remodel of a dreary 1980s house is located on a narrow peninsula in Lake Austin. We worked largely within the constraints of the existing footprint, inheriting many of the quirky geometries of the floor plan. The entry courtyard was redesigned to allow visitors to penetrate deeper into the site, extending and enhancing the entry transition. New panoramic windows allow the inhabitants to take in the natural surroundings, while massive sliding doors connect the living room to a new screened porch, engaging with views of the lake beyond. Overcoming the challenges of the lot and the geometries of the existing house led to an unexpected design which takes full advantage of this spectacular site.
Photography by Nick Johnson
Products You May Like
- Modern Private Residence by Rockwell Interiors
- Modern Barn Conversion by Water Mill by Plum Builders
- Palm Springs Home by Engberg Design & Development
- Woodpecker Ranch by Feldman Architecture
- Appleton Way by Peters Architecture
- San Mateo Park Home by The Sharp Group
- Pine Tree North by Brodson Construction
- Apartments at Westlight by Enrique Norten
- Sonoma Sanctuary by Wade Design Architects
- Lake House at Pine Cove by Design South Builders