Cove House by Furman + Keil Architects
Located on a narrow peninsula in Lake Austin, Texas, this 1980s house has been completely redesigned by Furman + Keil Architects.
Description by Furman + Keil Architects
This remodel of a dreary 1980s house is located on a narrow peninsula in Lake Austin. We worked largely within the constraints of the existing footprint, inheriting many of the quirky geometries of the floor plan. The entry courtyard was redesigned to allow visitors to penetrate deeper into the site, extending and enhancing the entry transition. New panoramic windows allow the inhabitants to take in the natural surroundings, while massive sliding doors connect the living room to a new screened porch, engaging with views of the lake beyond. Overcoming the challenges of the lot and the geometries of the existing house led to an unexpected design which takes full advantage of this spectacular site.
Photography by Nick Johnson
- Skyline House by Terry and Terry Architecture
- Tree Top Residence by Belzberg Architects
- House in Bridgehampton by TA Dumbleton
- Home in Palm Springs by Certified Luxury Builders
- Pinecrest Residence by Anders Lasater Architects
- Home in San Francisco by L'Atmosphere
- Park House by Project 22 Design
- Calhoun Pavilion by Elevation
- Palm Springs Residence by Lineoffice Architecture
- Carmel Wilderness Modern