Cove House by Furman + Keil Architects
Located on a narrow peninsula in Lake Austin, Texas, this 1980s house has been completely redesigned by Furman + Keil Architects.
Description by Furman + Keil Architects
This remodel of a dreary 1980s house is located on a narrow peninsula in Lake Austin. We worked largely within the constraints of the existing footprint, inheriting many of the quirky geometries of the floor plan. The entry courtyard was redesigned to allow visitors to penetrate deeper into the site, extending and enhancing the entry transition. New panoramic windows allow the inhabitants to take in the natural surroundings, while massive sliding doors connect the living room to a new screened porch, engaging with views of the lake beyond. Overcoming the challenges of the lot and the geometries of the existing house led to an unexpected design which takes full advantage of this spectacular site.
Photography by Nick Johnson
- House in Houston by StudioMET Architects
- Gothic Cottage by Daniel Contelmo Architects
- Country Contemporary by Amber Hodgins Design
- McAlpin Loft by Ryan Duebber Architect
- Midcentury Modern by Mathison | Mathison Architects
- Serra Retreat by Saffron Case Homes
- Union Bay Residence by NB Design Group
- Bali Inspired House by Calvis Wyant Luxury Homes
- House in New York by BFDO Architects
- Manhattan Penthouse