Cove House by Furman + Keil Architects
Located on a narrow peninsula in Lake Austin, Texas, this 1980s house has been completely redesigned by Furman + Keil Architects.
Description by Furman + Keil Architects
This remodel of a dreary 1980s house is located on a narrow peninsula in Lake Austin. We worked largely within the constraints of the existing footprint, inheriting many of the quirky geometries of the floor plan. The entry courtyard was redesigned to allow visitors to penetrate deeper into the site, extending and enhancing the entry transition. New panoramic windows allow the inhabitants to take in the natural surroundings, while massive sliding doors connect the living room to a new screened porch, engaging with views of the lake beyond. Overcoming the challenges of the lot and the geometries of the existing house led to an unexpected design which takes full advantage of this spectacular site.
Photography by Nick Johnson
- Upper Rockridge Residence by AAA Architecture
- Kenwood Residence by Upscale Construction
- Martis Camp 141 by Faulkner Architects
- Mount Si Modern by Rose-Leigh Design
- Hide Out by Dan Brunn
- 505 2nd Street Apartment by Ash NYC
- Barton Hills Residence by Brett Grinkmeyer Architecture
- Private Residence by Duet Design Group
- Cloy Ave Residence by Mayes Office
- Banyan Tree Residence by Choeff Levy Fischman