Bayou Residence by Content Architecture
This contemporary single family residence originally completed by Frank Welch in 1975 was completely redesigned by Content Architecture. It’s situated in Houston, Texas, United States.
Description by Content Architecture
The Bayou Residence is a renovation to a significant architectural work originally completed by Frank Welch in 1975. The house was purchased from the original owner by a young couple, looking to open up the floor plan and accomodate their social lifestyle. The renovation left in place the original 8000 square foot foundation, most of the exterior frame and little else. Much of the interior was re-arranged to accommodate an open floor plan and propose new layers of order. Limestone walls were introduced to give clarity to the programmatic organization. The central transverse hall was extended through the interior, providing a cohesive circulation spine to the sprawling, single-story layout. Ceiling heights were modified to increase the feeling of spaciousness and visually connect to the bayou landscape adjacent.
- Golden Isle Residence by Agsia Design Group
- Country Home by Andre Tchelistcheff Architects
- Taylor Residence by In Situ Studio
- North Bay Road Residence by Choeff Levy Fischman
- Ross Peak Ranch by Highline Partners
- House in Dallas by Classic Modern Design Build
- Miami Beach Villa by Associated Design
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Beach House by The Anderson Studio of Architecture & Design
- Waterfront Elegance by DKOR Interiors