Bayou Residence by Content Architecture
This contemporary single family residence originally completed by Frank Welch in 1975 was completely redesigned by Content Architecture. It’s situated in Houston, Texas, United States.
Description by Content Architecture
The Bayou Residence is a renovation to a significant architectural work originally completed by Frank Welch in 1975. The house was purchased from the original owner by a young couple, looking to open up the floor plan and accomodate their social lifestyle. The renovation left in place the original 8000 square foot foundation, most of the exterior frame and little else. Much of the interior was re-arranged to accommodate an open floor plan and propose new layers of order. Limestone walls were introduced to give clarity to the programmatic organization. The central transverse hall was extended through the interior, providing a cohesive circulation spine to the sprawling, single-story layout. Ceiling heights were modified to increase the feeling of spaciousness and visually connect to the bayou landscape adjacent.
- House in Dallas by Coats Homes
- Beach House by Denton House Design Studio
- Home in Tennessee by Hastings Architectural Associates
- Luxury Penthouse by Willoughby Construction
- Equestrian Retreat by Lorrie Browne Interiors
- Art House by Cioffi Architect
- Residence in Hollywood Hills by Struere
- Newport Beach Residence by Brandon Architects
- Inspiring Apartment by Ghiora Aharoni Design Studio
- La Jolla Hilltop Villa by Tommy Hein Architects