Bayou Residence by Content Architecture
This contemporary single family residence originally completed by Frank Welch in 1975 was completely redesigned by Content Architecture. It’s situated in Houston, Texas, United States.
Description by Content Architecture
The Bayou Residence is a renovation to a significant architectural work originally completed by Frank Welch in 1975. The house was purchased from the original owner by a young couple, looking to open up the floor plan and accomodate their social lifestyle. The renovation left in place the original 8000 square foot foundation, most of the exterior frame and little else. Much of the interior was re-arranged to accommodate an open floor plan and propose new layers of order. Limestone walls were introduced to give clarity to the programmatic organization. The central transverse hall was extended through the interior, providing a cohesive circulation spine to the sprawling, single-story layout. Ceiling heights were modified to increase the feeling of spaciousness and visually connect to the bayou landscape adjacent.
- Beach House by Brandon Architects
- Lacau Residence by Upstairs Studio Architecture
- Blue Lake Retreat by Lake Flato Architects
- Modern Oasis by Stofft Cooney Architects
- Cohen Residence by Abramson Teiger Architects
- Glenhaven Residence by Abramson Teiger Architects
- Home in Park City by Magleby Construction
- Camp Run-A-Muck Cabin by Pearson Design Group
- Aspen Home by DESIGN STUDIO Interior Solutions
- Foxtail House by Pearson Design Group