Davis Residence by Miller Hull
Beautiful 1,400 sq ft residence designed by Miller Hull located on a heavily wooded cliff site in Bellingham, Washington.
Description by Miller Hull
This 1400 sq. ft main house and guest house/garage is located on a heavily wooded cliff site with views of the San Juan Islands of Washington State. The plan orients to major views south down the coast line and west out to the islands while being careful to stay outside of the drip line of the dominant Doug fir trees. Large overhangs protect glazing and provide shelter.
The concept marries a long gently sloping roof form containing the kitchen, entry and studio with a vertical tower containing the living room and master bedroom above.
The roof forms express their timber construction with exposed joist, 1×4 skip sheathing and plywood diaphragms. The high performance wood fir windows provide thermal breaks while being strong enough for the mullions to be of minimal dimension. Wood T&G paneling is stained in bold transparent colors.
Products You May Like
- Modern Urban Home by Y Designs
- Efjord Retreat by Stinessen Arkitektur
- Lake Minnetonka Retreat by Snow Kreilich Architects
- JI-House by Craft
- Skýli Cabin by Utopia
- Malangen Retreat by Snorre Stinessen
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Retreat in Hälleviksstrand by Decorate
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs