Earth House Estate by Vetsch Architektur
Beautiful fairy tale multi unit housing designed by Vetsch Architektur located in Dietikon, Switzerland.
Description by Vetsch Architektur
This settlement finds itself in contrast to the surrounding of traditional single houses. To the south of the lot, there is free agricultural land. The earth-covered houses are grouped centered around a small artificial lake with the entrance well hidden and integrated at the side of the settlement. That not just serves the completion of the form, but also guarantees the secondary access of the particular houses through the subterranean parking lot. The residential settlement consists of nine houses, three 3 bedroom, a 4 bedroom, a 5 bedroom, three 6 bedroom and a 7 bedroom house. The daytime areas are situated towards the south, the nighttime area towards the north. In the middle, you find the bathrooms and the connecting stairs to the basement. All the bathrooms get natural light through rooftop windows. Situated on both lateral sides of the houses are outdoor living spaces divided through the remainings of the rising of the building. The basement, as well as the parking lot is built with conventional techniques, not so the ground floor, which is constructed with the typical earthhome construction principle of sprayed concrete. The isolation consists of recycled glass, an absolute environment friendly product. The water protection is added directly on the sprayed concrete. On top of the isolation is a protective layer with natural earth, which can be used to grow grass or plants on the rooftop.
- Los Altos Residence by Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
- Apartment in Barcelona by Cometa Architects
- Coldwater Canyon Residence by Ehrlich Yanai Rhee Chaney Architects
- E2 Apartment by Tchenguelieva Staynov Architects
- Casa N by Cheng Franco Arquitectos
- 3ShoeBox House by Ofis Arhitekti
- Retreat in Hälleviksstrand by Decorate
- Casa Kae by Soco Interiors
- House Remodel by Elton R Construction
- House in Goiânia by Leo Romano