Hong’s House by House Design Studio
Situated in Kaohsiung city, Taiwan, this eclectic apartment was recently completed by House Design Studio.
Description by House Design Studio
It was an interesting story. Our client, single and a 30-year-old engineer, purchased his first apartment and committed us. After his doing a lot of research, he came to us and hoped to have a home with natural cement-based environment for him to relax after long busy work. We see this house as hero’s house and combined some industrial elements. During construction, he had to keep his parents from knowing the truth that we applied cement finish to walls since normally senior people think of cement-finish house as unfinished house. Construction site was always locked to avoid his parents’ visiting.
Combining with travelling idea, we designed some simple lines with suitcase board for drawers. To have more space, the metal mini bar is the choice for dining. Corresponding to travelling, we came up with frame that can be changed to different print inside of frame to adjust the “aircraft window view”.
Steel bars were applied to shelving to avoid the heaviness of shelf in study room. Glass as shelf can be seen through and give the lightness. We added some hero element and dynamic concept by bending steel bars to optimize the energy. Interesting wall lamp strengthens the visual effect. During 2-month progress, it was fun discussion with our client talking about decorating his new exciting home.
Photography by Hey! Cheese
Products You May Like
- Bijou Marylebone Apartment by Maurizio Pellizzoni
- Apartment in Moscow by BHD-Studio
- Casa PV2 by Lucas Y Hernández-Gil Arquitectos
- BLU Ocean View by Annette Frommer - Interior Design
- High-Rise Apartment by Ruth Bautista
- Bunker Hamburg by Thomas Schacht
- Apartment AML by David Ito Arquitetura
- Residence CL by W&Li Design
- Apartment in Poland by Hi-Light Architects
- East Village Apartment by CM Natural Designs