Oriole Way by McClean Design
Luxurious single family residence designed by McClean Design located on a hill above Los Angeles, California, United States.
Description by McClean Design
At the end of Oriole Way overlooking Sunset Strip, this lot was more of a cliff than a site but has one of the best views in the city. The challenge was to graft the house onto the hillside and create a suitable entry experience and enough living space bearing in mind the steep topography. Our solution was to separate the garage and parking area from the entry of the house. This took advantage of the street slope to allow pedestrians to enter at the main level of the home while giving us the opportunity to create a water and light filled entry courtyard. The house is laid out over three levels. The lower level contains bedrooms, a large dedicated theatre, gym and wine room. The main level consists of the entry, living, dining and kitchen spaces as well as the master bedroom. The upper level, a loft space, additional bedroom and a roof terrace over the master. The pool is unique in that it has an infinity edge on four sides. The two story living room is a rarity in the neighborhood and coupled with light coming from all sides gives the house an expansive feel. The palette for the house is sleek Hollywood; black and white, shiny and suede making plenty of use of marble, dark granite and chrome as well as high gloss cabinets and custom wall paper.
Photography by Nick Springett & Jim Bartsch
Products You May Like
- Kiah House by Austin Maynard Architects
- North Harbor Camp by TruexCullins
- Oceanfront House by Austin Maynard Architects
- Hoyo 15 - Apartment in Marbella
- Residential Apartment by Tako Kenkishvili
- House in Sydney by Luigi Rosselli Architects
- St Albans Penthouse by Elizabeth Matthews Interiors
- Lakeview House by Tommaso Giunchi
- Black House by AR Design Studio
- Private Residence by Domenique Mora