John & Kathleen’s by Irons Mcduff Architecture
Elegant brick residence designed in 2012 by Irons Mcduff Architecture located in Melbourne, Australia.
Description by Irons Mcduff Architecture
The name of the project harks back to a time of austerity, when houses were small and functional. The proposition was to make more with less and reduce the footprint but gain more space.
The existing house comprised a sense of elegance and restraint. Sixty years later it need a lot of TLC and to open itself up to new lifestyles and the existing garden. The response was to create joinery pieces with multiple operations, a bunkbed dividing wall to increase the versatility of the children’s rooms, a deck in lieu of a play room to work with the outside, and a new ‘outhouse’-type toilet.
- Slot House by AU Architects
- House in Albert Park Village by Kirsty Ristevski
- Dorman House by Austin Maynard Architects
- South Yarra Residence by Urban Angles
- Rye Residence by Urban Angles
- The Nelson by Dale Alcock Homes
- 1940s Remodel by Nic Owen Architects
- Inspiring Home by Giuseppe Baldi
- Writer’s House by Branch Studio Architects
- Contemporary House by R.Z.Owens Constructions