John & Kathleen’s by Irons Mcduff Architecture
Elegant brick residence designed in 2012 by Irons Mcduff Architecture located in Melbourne, Australia.
Description by Irons Mcduff Architecture
The name of the project harks back to a time of austerity, when houses were small and functional. The proposition was to make more with less and reduce the footprint but gain more space.
The existing house comprised a sense of elegance and restraint. Sixty years later it need a lot of TLC and to open itself up to new lifestyles and the existing garden. The response was to create joinery pieces with multiple operations, a bunkbed dividing wall to increase the versatility of the children’s rooms, a deck in lieu of a play room to work with the outside, and a new ‘outhouse’-type toilet.
- Clyde North House by Carlisle Homes
- Riverview House by Nobbs Radford Architects
- House in Mernda by Carlisle Homes
- House in Melbourne by Bagnato Architects
- Casa Estudio by Intersticial Arquitectura
- Lahinch House by Lachlan Shepherd Architects
- Residence in Fitzroy by Architects EAT
- Ruffey Lake House by Inbetween Architecture
- Concord House by Studio Benicio
- House in Melbourne by Aspect 11