Casa Cardenas by ParqueHumano
Modern single family residence designed by ParqueHumano situated in Valle de Bravo, Mexico.
Description by ParqueHumano
For the concept of this project we have taken advantage of the triangular character of the plot, the slope of the land and the views towards the Cerro Gordo’s Natural Reserve. The building has been conceived as a homogenous mass, hollowing out a huge opening with an inviting forced perspective effect caused by the asymmetric walls that frames the natural panorama. With the objective of building an interior/exterior relation, the volumetric setting of sloping walls and slabs allow the visual journey from the interior space, deeply linking the project to the existing landscape, it is the exterior landscape which organizes our interior spaces.
The house is developed in two volumes separated by a garden and connected by a bridge. Parking and service areas organize the access level. From here, the stairs lead to the main access. Within the first volume, we have place on the ground level the living and dining space and the kitchen; bedrooms were placed in the second level. The subsequent volume hosts a working studio, facing the inner court. Each spaces has a proportion and a characteristic relation with the adjacent space, as well as a relation with the existing Landscape.
The house overlooks the environment incorporating the landscape, making an atmosphere of outdoor life, reconstructing the dynamic perception of the space with an emphasis on the emotional bonds between subject and nature. Working with nature is a way of working towards the understanding of our world.
Photography by Paul Rivera
- LB House by Shachar Rozenfeld Architects
- House in Mysłowice by Czajkowski Kuźniak Architekci
- Glenhaven Residence by Abramson Teiger Architects
- Sustainable House by Day Bukh Architects
- Wooden Box House by Moloney Architects
- Hide and Seek House by Bower Architecture
- Burnley Residential Renovation by DX Architects
- House in Kiev by Tseh Architectural Group
- Courtyard House by De Rosee Sa
- House in St. Louis by Mitchell Wall Architecture & Design