Roderick Vos Showroom by Roderick Vos
Part showroom and part retail shop designed by Roderick Vos situated ‘s-Hertogenbosch, Netherlands.
Description by Roderick Vos
The new Roderick Vos showroom occupies a 1910’s renovated building with two floors, and is part design studio, part showroom and part retail shop. In a recent interview, Vos stated that designers these days have to be more versatile as entrepreneurs, so he set out to create a multi-purpose space that could cater for that necessity. More like a wunderkamer than a design shop, the new showroom has a playful air to it: apart from an impressive array of Bucketlights hanging from the ceiling and the studio’s collection stylishly curated all across the space, the showroom features a cartoony (and fully functional) electrical switchboard that looks like it came straight out of a steampunk movie. If the aim of this new space was to dissolve the boundaries between designer and customer, the professional and the casual, work and play, then the cheerful appeal of Roderick Vos’ new studio makes us think it has hit the mark.
Photography by Studio Roderick Vos
Products You May Like
- House of Tiles by Marcante-Testa
- Apartments in Realejo by Elisa Valero Arquitectura
- Retreat in Oisterwijk by Ina Matt
- Apartment in Monza by Boffi
- East Village Apartment by CM Natural Designs
- Batavia by Ábaton Arquitectura
- Bridgevest HQ by Studio Tomorrow
- Concrete Brickhouse by Joris Verhoeven Architectuur
- Home in Amsterdam by Cocoon Living
- Chabrol Apartment by Atelier Barda