Casa Delta by Bernardes Arquitetura
This amazing seaside vacation house is situated in Guarujá, Brazil. It was designed in 2014 by Bernardes Arquitetura.
Description by Bernardes Arquitetura
Commissioned by a couple with three young children, this weekend house, located one and a half hours from São Paulo, is built on sloped terrain surrounded by an important Atlantic Forest reserve, in a plot allowed for building purposes. The functional program was laid out in different levels so as to let the house adapt to the existing terrain and trees in a subtle fashion. The entrance is made from the car park on the lower level, from which a wide staircase shoots up across the first floor and onto the terrace where the social areas and master suite are built under a light canopy. The first floor houses the children’s suites and overhangs the stone base of the house, providing shelter to the car park and arriving guests. The sunscreen panels that clad this volume give privacy to the bedrooms and provide lightness and transparency to the building. The upper floor is the most privileged part of the house, benefiting from outstanding views of the sea and beach that are less than one hundred meters away. The trapezoidal, wafer-thin canopy sits on large glass panes and forms a pavilion that shares the same floor as the large veranda around it. The interior and exterior grades are one and the same. The subtle canopy’s slope and the orientation of the timber sunscreens guide the eye toward the horizon, where an infinity edge makes the swimming pool part of the ocean.
Photography by Leonardo Finotti
Products You May Like
- Glass and Stone Oasis by Merle
- Container House by Matt Mcleod
- Line Graph House by Zubu Design Associates
- Modern Townhouse by Finney Construction
- Church House by DAH Architecture
- Wingzor by NORTHBOURNE Architecture + Design
- Kangaroo Point by Uniq Building Group
- Refugium Betzenstein by Bio-Design-Ferienwohnung
- Ibirapuera Apartment by Casa14 Arquitetura
- Stouffville Residence by Trevor McIvor Architect