TMR Residence by Catlin Stothers Design
Inspiring single family residence designed by Catlin Stothers Design, located in Mont Royal, Montreal, Canada.
Description by Catlin Stothers Design
Well situated in Mont Royal, this split-level home had many positives apart from its dated interior, and layout of many small and inefficient rooms. This was all at odds with the owners’ lifetyle and aesthetic.
The client had architectural plans designed for a third floor addition that were to inlucde a master bedroom and ensuite bathroom. The desired look for the entire house influenced all aspects of constrcution. Apart from the removal most walls on the main floor, everything was stripped back to the most simple and pure of finishing materials.
The exisitng floors were refinished in a smoked grey matte palette and offset the rich warm walnut accents in the kitchen and soft white walls.
With an abundance of white walls throughout, feature walls were essential in both the master bedroom and ensuite. The deep charcoal wall in the bedroom provides dramatic contrast to the teak headboard and hammered silver light fixture. The ensuite’s feature wall is made of pewter ceramic tiles that add texture and elegance to this simple space.
Materials and furnishings throughout were selected for their simplicity and form.
Photography by Drew Hadley
Products You May Like
- Belgica House by Amz Arquitetos
- Cottage by Guy Hollaway Architects
- Rose House by JRSconsult Architects + Engineers
- Townhouse Extension by Parasite Studio
- G2-House by Architect Show
- Future Contemporary by Studio In2
- House Redesign by Stuart Osman Building Designs
- Delray Beach Home by Lesly Maxwell Interiors
- Savona 18 by Cibicworkshop
- Chateau Beach by Meridith Baer Home