Lines of Light by HYLA Architects
This two-storey corner terrace house was designed in 2014 by HYLA Architects. It’s situated in Singapore.
Description by HYLA Architects
This terrace sits at a corner site and thus the full side of the house fronts the side street. To preserve the privacy but still allowing light and ventilation, a slatted timber screen covers the entire side elevation. At the front, an outdoor terrace with a high volume fronts the main garden. The space continues into the double volume living room with a feature book shelf that extends two stories. The 1st storey has an open plan and large glass sliding doors open up to the lush side garden. One enters the house into the triple volume space with the cantilevered stairs on both sides of the walls.
Photography by Derek Swalwell
- Apartment in Odessa by Mooseberry Design Group
- Capitol Avenue Residence by Aspect 11
- Maison Ecully by MOROSO
- Home in Winchester by Ström Architects
- Ocean Eye by Benjamin Garcia Saxe
- Jungle House by Studio Mk27
- Manzeum by Modus Studio
- Casa Lago by Lago
- Tennis Terraces by Gras
- Whistler Residence by Evoke International Design