Lines of Light by HYLA Architects
This two-storey corner terrace house was designed in 2014 by HYLA Architects. It’s situated in Singapore.
Description by HYLA Architects
This terrace sits at a corner site and thus the full side of the house fronts the side street. To preserve the privacy but still allowing light and ventilation, a slatted timber screen covers the entire side elevation. At the front, an outdoor terrace with a high volume fronts the main garden. The space continues into the double volume living room with a feature book shelf that extends two stories. The 1st storey has an open plan and large glass sliding doors open up to the lush side garden. One enters the house into the triple volume space with the cantilevered stairs on both sides of the walls.
Photography by Derek Swalwell
- Apartment in Curitiba by Belotto Scopel Tanaka Arquitetura
- 505 2nd Street Apartment by Ash NYC
- RSA Residence by Purple Studio
- Skýli Cabin by Utopia
- Private House by Lilian Benshoam
- Loft in London by David Phillips
- House Z by Closer Architects
- House JRV2 by Studio de.materia
- Cloy Ave Residence by Mayes Office
- Banyan Tree Residence by Choeff Levy Fischman