Cozy House by FORM / Kouichi Kimura Architects
Modern single family residence situated in the Shiga prefecture in Japan.
It was designed in 2015 by FORM / Kouichi Kimura Architects.
Description by FORM / Kouichi Kimura Architects
The house is built at one of the small sites crowded with houses and surrounded by narrow roads. With such conditions, we suggested the beautiful and compact house that includes enriched inner spaces. On the first floor, the parking space is secured first, and the remaining space is best utilized by connecting the bed room and child’s room directly to the stair hall. At the small stair hall, clear sightlines is ensured by the light passing through from upstairs and the shape of the stair wall, making the space bright and rhythmical. The second floor is protruded toward the front road to the best possible extent allowed by the relevant regulation so that the maximum volume can be secured for the use of the living room, dining kitchen, small versatile room, and wet area. The ceiling height is varied to produce visual expansion, and several openings are designed so that light comes in from various positions. The furnished fixtures make the space effectively used to create a cozy but expanding place. The comfortableness, which is produced by the small space and would hardly be realized by a broad space, is a major fascination of this house.
Photography by Yoshihiro Asada
Products You May Like
- Apartment in Moscow by BHD-Studio
- Sonoma Wine Country by Feldman Architecture
- Sandaosa House by Hearth Architects
- BLU Ocean View by Annette Frommer - Interior Design
- Ramat Hasharon Residence by Levy Chamizer Architects
- High-Rise Apartment by Ruth Bautista
- House in Venice by Golden Line Construction
- Residence CL by W&Li Design
- Duplex by Studio Cicchetti Viscardi
- The Manta by WA Country Builders