Mid-Century Palmer & Krisel Home
Architecturally significant midcentury home designed by Palmer & Krisel AIA for the Valley of the Sun subdivision.
It’s situated in Rancho Mirage, California, United States.
Description by House and Homes Palm Springs
This rare and incredible home is one of two B-4 plans ever built. Custom designed by Palmer & Krisel to fit the pie shaped lot at the end of the “Bulb” (Cul-de-sac) and built by developers Maus & Holstein in 1958, the main house features 3 Bedroom, 2 Baths, an Open Living Room / Dining Room with High Angled Wood Beamed Ceilings, Clearstory Windows, a Social Gourmet Kitchen Design with spacious Breakfast Room looking out to the pool and backyard.
This home is in it’s original floor-plan but updated for 21st Century Living, featuring Tiled Flooring throughout and Custom Bathrooms.
Additionally a detached Casita provides a spacious Guest Suite and/or Pool House with a Full Bath, Sitting Area and Wet-Bar.
This incredible home maintains all of it’s original Architectural elements, featuring a unique “Shed-Sunflap” roof-line. Krisel states that the “Flap” was designed to come from the the front, through the house and out the rear, bringing the indoors and outdoors together.
The Entertainers backyard features a new Pool with Waterfall Spa, Outdoor Dining, Fire-pit and Sun Lounging amongst the Architectural Landscaping. Developers Maus & Holstein concluded that Palmer & Krisel’s Valley of the Sun tract “displayed the hopefulness and easy lifestyle of Modernism in the 1950’s”, that statement still rings true today…Desert Living at it’s best!
Photography courtesy of House and Homes Palm Springs
- Beach House by Brandon Architects
- Lacau Residence by Upstairs Studio Architecture
- Blue Lake Retreat by Lake Flato Architects
- Modern Oasis by Stofft Cooney Architects
- Cohen Residence by Abramson Teiger Architects
- Glenhaven Residence by Abramson Teiger Architects
- Home in Park City by Magleby Construction
- Camp Run-A-Muck Cabin by Pearson Design Group
- Aspen Home by DESIGN STUDIO Interior Solutions
- Foxtail House by Pearson Design Group