Valley House by Plan Bureau
Valley House is a contemporary wooden cabin designed by Plan Bureau.
It’s situated in Ukraine.
Description by Plan Bureau
Kostiantyn Kuvika, the principal architect of the project, was inspired by the natural asymmetry of the mountains while creating the Valley House concept.
Unique shape of the house reflects mountain lines and can be easily integrated into the natural environment. The Valley House can be located at areas, constrained by a small site.
Diagonal construction of the space provides blurred transitions between the functional areas and creates visual lightness. Wood as the main material in interior creates a delicate, warm atmosphere.
Despite the visual tininess, the house is very functional and spacious. Kitchen is located at the lowest part of the ground floor, a higher level houses dining and lounge area, and the highest level contains two bedrooms, toilet and bathroom.
Asymmetric windows on the sloped walls and ceilings allow observing horizon and natural scenery from different viewpoints, as well as getting different levels of lighting throughout the house.
The Valley House combines cozy internal space and natural environment integrity with contemporary architecture features.
This residence is designed for getting the most relaxation and pleasure from the symbiosis between a human and nature.
Photography by A. Marinenko, A. Koval
- Retreat in Sweden by Bjurfors Home
- Summer House by Anttinen Oiva Architects
- Mountain Cottage by Hola Design
- Home in St. Helena by Jennifer Robin Interiors
- Alise Apartment by Oksana Dolgopiatova
- Contemporary Home by Desai Chia Architecture
- Desert Loft in Kiev by YoDezeen
- Heat 360 by Azovskiy&Pahomova Architects
- Apartment in Kiev by Oleg Kuiava
- Apartment in Odessa by Mooseberry Design Group