Ehrlich Kayne Residence by Standard
Standard completely renovated an existing 5,700 sq ft midcentury house situated in Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Description by Standard
The scope of the project included complete renovation of the existing 5,700 sq. ft. structure and 1,300 sq ft of new construction. Extensive landscape and hardscape improvements were integrated with the new design. A significant part of the design was to create an enchanting entrance to the home, with a decomposed granite path passing through a small grove of mature olive trees. The design of the home incorporated a dismantled 19th century wood barn, where the different pieces were transformed into new elements. Large beams formed the entrance pavilion, siding was used for exterior siding and interior ceilings, the maple granary for new doors, and the hardwood off-cuts were reassembled as an island top.
Photography by Benny Chan
- Skyline House by Terry and Terry Architecture
- Duplex in Megeve by Refuge
- Tree Top Residence by Belzberg Architects
- House in Bridgehampton by TA Dumbleton
- Home in Palm Springs by Certified Luxury Builders
- Pinecrest Residence by Anders Lasater Architects
- Home in San Francisco by L'Atmosphere
- Park House by Project 22 Design
- Calhoun Pavilion by Elevation
- Palm Springs Residence by Lineoffice Architecture