House of Representation by Kouichi Kimura Architects
This contemporary single family residence was designed in 2011 by FORM / Kouichi Kimura Architects.
It’s situated in the Japanese Shiga prefecture.
Description by Kouichi Kimura Architects
This house is planned on a site where there are beautiful views of the country side. The request from the client was for the creation of intimacy, but with a large living area. The exterior is designed as a monumental form so that it can be seem to be a new addition to the countryside scenery.
I created a centripetal plan where each room is connected through a corridor from the multi-level living area. Around the corridor, walls, which have different textures and shapes, make a sequence inside the space.
The walls and spaces are highlighted by natural, indirect light, so your eyes are drawn to, and focus on, the interior: By the basic processes of manipulating and controlling “light” and “views”, I tried to make the inside space more intimate and deeper.
Rather than doing large gestures of acrobatic space composition, I have instead created what I feel is a space that represents the unusual, by doing small and poetic movements that control light and the viewers eyes.
Photography by Takumi Ota
- Los Altos Residence by Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
- Aranya Farmhouse by Patel-Vadodaria
- Olion Villa AA by Ark4lab of Architecture
- Apartment in Barcelona by Cometa Architects
- Coldwater Canyon Residence by Ehrlich Yanai Rhee Chaney Architects
- E2 Apartment by Tchenguelieva Staynov Architects
- Casa N by Cheng Franco Arquitectos
- 3ShoeBox House by Ofis Arhitekti
- Casa Kae by Soco Interiors
- House Remodel by Elton R Construction