Santa Monica Residence by Natalie Myers
Owned by a British pilot, this midcentury vacation house is situated in Santa Monica, California, United States.
It was recently remodelled by Natalie Myers.
Description by Natalie Myers
In only 5 weeks, an empty 3 bedroom house that had been recently remodeled was turned into a cheerful and cheeky vacation house for a British pilot. He was enamoured with midcentury design, especially the groovy retro version specific to LA, which was convenient since an immediate and economical way to furnish an entire house on a budget is with vintage furniture. The vintage pieces were balanced out with some shiny new items that were quick ship, then layered with global textiles from Turkish kilims to African mudcloths to German grain sacks. The result is a fun home that will put a smile to the client’s face when he walks through the front door after his long travels around the globe.
Photography by Amy Bartlam
- House in Houston by StudioMET Architects
- Gothic Cottage by Daniel Contelmo Architects
- Country Contemporary by Amber Hodgins Design
- McAlpin Loft by Ryan Duebber Architect
- Midcentury Modern by Mathison | Mathison Architects
- Serra Retreat by Saffron Case Homes
- House in Madrid by Ventura Estudio
- Union Bay Residence by NB Design Group
- Bali Inspired House by Calvis Wyant Luxury Homes
- House in New York by BFDO Architects