Santa Monica Residence by Natalie Myers
Owned by a British pilot, this midcentury vacation house is situated in Santa Monica, California, United States.
It was recently remodelled by Natalie Myers.
Description by Natalie Myers
In only 5 weeks, an empty 3 bedroom house that had been recently remodeled was turned into a cheerful and cheeky vacation house for a British pilot. He was enamoured with midcentury design, especially the groovy retro version specific to LA, which was convenient since an immediate and economical way to furnish an entire house on a budget is with vintage furniture. The vintage pieces were balanced out with some shiny new items that were quick ship, then layered with global textiles from Turkish kilims to African mudcloths to German grain sacks. The result is a fun home that will put a smile to the client’s face when he walks through the front door after his long travels around the globe.
Photography by Amy Bartlam
- North Hibiscus House by Borges + Associates Architects
- Upper Rockridge Residence by AAA Architecture
- Kenwood Residence by Upscale Construction
- Martis Camp 141 by Faulkner Architects
- Mount Si Modern by Rose-Leigh Design
- Hide Out by Dan Brunn
- 505 2nd Street Apartment by Ash NYC
- Jaglana Apartment by Raca Architekci
- Barton Hills Residence by Brett Grinkmeyer Architecture
- Private Residence by Duet Design Group