Santa Monica Residence by Natalie Myers
Owned by a British pilot, this midcentury vacation house is situated in Santa Monica, California, United States.
It was recently remodelled by Natalie Myers.
Description by Natalie Myers
In only 5 weeks, an empty 3 bedroom house that had been recently remodeled was turned into a cheerful and cheeky vacation house for a British pilot. He was enamoured with midcentury design, especially the groovy retro version specific to LA, which was convenient since an immediate and economical way to furnish an entire house on a budget is with vintage furniture. The vintage pieces were balanced out with some shiny new items that were quick ship, then layered with global textiles from Turkish kilims to African mudcloths to German grain sacks. The result is a fun home that will put a smile to the client’s face when he walks through the front door after his long travels around the globe.
Photography by Amy Bartlam
Products You May Like
- Prairie Avenue Residence by Choeff Levy Fischman
- 5th Street Residence by Electric Bowery
- Blue Coat Lane Home by Vita Design Group
- Mid-century Modern by JWT Architecture
- Treetops House by Specht Architects
- House in Naples by The Decorators Unlimited
- Contemporary Beach House by Beacon Construction Group
- Genesee Mountain House by Ashleigh Weatherill Interior Design
- Meadow Drive Home by Pierce Architects
- CCR1 Residence by Wernerfield