St. Georges by Randy Bens
Inspiring private residence located in West Vancouver, British Columbia, designed by Randy Bens.
Description by Randy Bens
This project is located in West Vancouver, British Columbia Canada. The building is a very long, carved rectangle that captures a stunning westward view. The house was designed around the idea of a covered, exterior living space, which is open to the view and morning light through a glazed clerestory window band.
On the east side, the floor plate is indented in 3 places which brings the landscape in, and provide relief to the flat facade. The roof is a simple extrusion, made asymmetrical by the vaulted living spaces. The vaulted roofs are represented by an open rafter, and contain the living spaces. The the trussed roofs are represented by a flat soffit, and contain support spaces. The muted exterior materials are concrete, wood and metal.
Photography by Ema Peter
Products You May Like
- Cottage by Guy Hollaway Architects
- Rose House by JRSconsult Architects + Engineers
- Townhouse Extension by Parasite Studio
- G2-House by Architect Show
- Future Contemporary by Studio In2
- House Redesign by Stuart Osman Building Designs
- Delray Beach Home by Lesly Maxwell Interiors
- Savona 18 by Cibicworkshop
- Chateau Beach by Meridith Baer Home
- West Coast Modern by Rockwood Custom Homes