St. Georges by Randy Bens
Inspiring private residence located in West Vancouver, British Columbia, designed by Randy Bens.
Description by Randy Bens
This project is located in West Vancouver, British Columbia Canada. The building is a very long, carved rectangle that captures a stunning westward view. The house was designed around the idea of a covered, exterior living space, which is open to the view and morning light through a glazed clerestory window band.
On the east side, the floor plate is indented in 3 places which brings the landscape in, and provide relief to the flat facade. The roof is a simple extrusion, made asymmetrical by the vaulted living spaces. The vaulted roofs are represented by an open rafter, and contain the living spaces. The the trussed roofs are represented by a flat soffit, and contain support spaces. The muted exterior materials are concrete, wood and metal.
Photography by Ema Peter
- Apartment in Foshan by C&C Design Group
- Casa GSL by Leandro Matsuda
- Casa Primera by Octava Arquitectura
- O Cuatro Residence by Migdal Arquitectos
- Private Residence in Yallanbee
- Countryside Lane by BOSS Architecture
- Long Island Residence by Shmuel D Flaum
- The Sanctuary by Bonstra I Haresign Architects
- Villa in Ramat Gan by Dror Barda
- House in Hangzhou by Wanjing Studio