Winscombe Extension by Preston Lane Architects
Located in Sandy Bay, Tasmania, Australia, this contemporary house extension was designed by Preston Lane Architects.
Description by Preston Lane Architects
The project consists of a rear extension to a 1920’s Californian Bungalow in Hobart. A split level arrangement provides living spaces at the lower level and sleeping spaces at the upper level. The living spaces are light and open with good connections to the outside, whilst the upper level form is solid and the weatherboard cladding taking cues from the existing building, providing a balance between the old and new works. Splayed reveals at the upper level, broaden the view from within and provide a psychological connection with the backyard.
Photography by Derek Swalwell
Products You May Like
- Sky Living by BOarch
- Ozernaya Apartment by Buro 108
- Fendi by Design Solutions
- Belle Home by Fanfare Co.
- House in Zurich by Meier Architekten
- Private Apartment in Milano by Cecilia Avogadro
- Miami Estate by DKOR Interiors
- Contemporary Home in Brazil by Marcelo Minuscoli
- North Hibiscus House by Borges + Associates Architects
- Apartment in Moscow by Team Design