Winscombe Extension by Preston Lane Architects
Located in Sandy Bay, Tasmania, Australia, this contemporary house extension was designed by Preston Lane Architects.
Description by Preston Lane Architects
The project consists of a rear extension to a 1920’s Californian Bungalow in Hobart. A split level arrangement provides living spaces at the lower level and sleeping spaces at the upper level. The living spaces are light and open with good connections to the outside, whilst the upper level form is solid and the weatherboard cladding taking cues from the existing building, providing a balance between the old and new works. Splayed reveals at the upper level, broaden the view from within and provide a psychological connection with the backyard.
Photography by Derek Swalwell
Products You May Like
- Living Mansarda by BFA - Barbara Fassoni Architects
- Lazadenas Apartment by Molins Design
- Cabbagetown Coach House by Core Architects
- Contemporary Home by Kata Koppany
- Glass and Stone Oasis by Merle
- Familny Apartment by Za-Za Interior Design
- PURO Kraków Kazimierz by Conran and Partners
- Mountain House by Gangoly & Kristiner Architekten
- Apartment in Barcelona by Egue Y Seta
- Container House by Matt Mcleod