Winscombe Extension by Preston Lane Architects
Located in Sandy Bay, Tasmania, Australia, this contemporary house extension was designed by Preston Lane Architects.
Description by Preston Lane Architects
The project consists of a rear extension to a 1920’s Californian Bungalow in Hobart. A split level arrangement provides living spaces at the lower level and sleeping spaces at the upper level. The living spaces are light and open with good connections to the outside, whilst the upper level form is solid and the weatherboard cladding taking cues from the existing building, providing a balance between the old and new works. Splayed reveals at the upper level, broaden the view from within and provide a psychological connection with the backyard.
Photography by Derek Swalwell
- Allen Key House by Architect Prineas
- House in Brescia by Claudia Pelizzari Interior Design
- Berkshire Residence by MATHISON | MATHISON ARCHITECTS
- Underhill Residence by Bates Masi Architects
- Kits Beach Home by Form Collective
- Residence in Windsor by Brininstool + Lynch
- Casa AB by e|arquitectos
- Nalu Boutique Hotel by Studio Saxe
- Cozy Loft by ONI Architects
- Ascaya Residence by SB Architects