Winscombe Extension by Preston Lane Architects
Located in Sandy Bay, Tasmania, Australia, this contemporary house extension was designed by Preston Lane Architects.
Description by Preston Lane Architects
The project consists of a rear extension to a 1920’s Californian Bungalow in Hobart. A split level arrangement provides living spaces at the lower level and sleeping spaces at the upper level. The living spaces are light and open with good connections to the outside, whilst the upper level form is solid and the weatherboard cladding taking cues from the existing building, providing a balance between the old and new works. Splayed reveals at the upper level, broaden the view from within and provide a psychological connection with the backyard.
Photography by Derek Swalwell
- Spyglass Hill House by KRS Development
- Church Transformation by Scrafano Architects
- Contemporary House by Carrera by Design
- Green Elephant by Azovskiy&Pahomova Architects
- Casa Abierta by R79
- Bougainvillea Row House by Luigi Rosselli Architects
- Chalet Design by Amdeco Architecture D'intérieur
- Home in Preston Hollow by Linda Fritschy Interior Design
- Trail House by Zen Architects
- Glass House in Escazú by Cañas Arquitectos