Casa Prè de Sura by Casati
This contemporary wooden residence situated in San Martino in Badia, Italy, was designed in 2010 by Casati.
Description by Casati
This gabled house in Italy by Austrian architects Casati has stripy wooden walls on the outside and bumpy limestone walls on the inside. Boxy windows project from the facade and frame views towards the castello di San Martino; a small castle on a nearby hillside. A window in the master bedroom wraps over onto the roof, while others meet the floor so that small children can see out. The limestone aggregate walls surround rooms and hallways on each of the three floors, absorbing moisture from the air, that can cool the house during warmer months. This building presents an unique design solutions which help to make connection with the surrounding landscape.
Photography courtesy of Casati
- Spyglass Hill House by KRS Development
- Industrial Modern by Boswell Construction
- Casa Canto Cholul by Taller Estilo Arquitectura
- Casa Abierta by R79
- Bougainvillea Row House by Luigi Rosselli Architects
- Trail House by Zen Architects
- Glass House in Escazú by Cañas Arquitectos
- Home in Paesana by Marco Bernini
- Eagle Hill Residence by ODS Architecture
- Rough House by Measured Architecture