Sosnowski Residence by Chen+Suchart Studio
Located in Tempe, Arizona, this contemporary two-storey residence was designed in 2006 by Chen+Suchart Studio.
Description by Chen+Suchart Studio
Sited in a 1950’s era dense neighborhood in Tempe, Arizona, the Sosnowski Residence takes the form of a courtyard house defined by three sandblasted 8-8-16 standard gray CMU walls at the main level and an exposed Virendeel truss at the upper level that ultimately characterizes the project.
The main level’s CMU walls define the major public spaces of the project, which include an outdoor courtyard, living room, dining room, kitchen, and koi garden. The public spaces are also flanked by the garage and guest bedrooms, in turn providing additional privacy from the street and the neighbors. The outdoor spaces maintain an open relationship to the residence by means of two 30’ wide expanses of operable sliding glass doors. The master suite resides in the Virendeel truss above. The integration of the courtyard and koi garden as an essential part to the daily experience enables the project to fully embrace the outdoor spaces of the front and back yards.
Photography by Bill Timmerman
Products You May Like
- DC 722 Apartment by Almazan y Arquitectos Asociados
- Beacon Factory Loft by Grisoro Designs
- Hiro-En House by Matt Gibson A+D
- Patriarch Ponds by YØDezeen Architects
- Compound Q by DSDG Architects
- Chalet in Montana by Locati Architects
- Sikelia by Alessandrelli Pazienza
- Miramonti Boutique Hotel by Tara
- House In Achladies by Lydia Xynogala
- Cube House by Canvas Homes