Blairgowrie 2 by InForm Design
This modern timber and glass pavilion was designed in 2014 by InForm Design.
It’s located on the Mornington Peninsula, close to Melbourne, Australia.
Description by InForm Design
This timber and glass pavilion is the second house in the development and continues the theme of coastal modernity.
Following the principles of the InForm ‘Retreat’ design, but on a larger scale, the house includes a double garage, four bedrooms and a lounge, as well as an open plan kitchen, meals and living space.
The characteristic long lineal roof plane caps the entire building, protecting the loggia and deck that extends the length of the northern exterior. A full height vertical timber screen protects the loggia from the west, and creates a dynamic front façade.
Large full height black aluminium doors connect the living areas and master bedroom to the deck and sweeping lawn beyond. The black aluminium provides a striking contrast with the smoky grey oiled timber cladding and crisp white fascias. A white concrete brick blade wall separates the entry from the loggia and extends into the living area to form the fireplace.
White oiled oak floors add an appropriate contemporary but rustic sensibility to the interior palette, which also includes stainless steel and marble bench tops, oak joinery and a white mosaic tiled splash back.
Photography by Hilary Bradford
- J House by Pitsou Kedem Architects
- Casa RO by Elías Rizo Arquitectos
- House Under Eaves by MRTN Architects
- House in Toronto by Men At Work General Contractors
- Casa M. by Comfort_Architecten
- Peak Lookout Residence by Clark Richardson Architects
- Home in Sydney by Mary Ellen Hudson Architects
- Kew Residence by Adie Courtney
- The Tannery Apartment in Clifton Hill
- Dormer House by post Architecture